Being part of a global leader in the food industry AB Mauri has to be very careful in choosing a vendor to automate their farmer operations. The vendor has to first pass stringent scrutiny at multiple levels in their corporate system. The challenges they were facing were:
- Manage the large database of their farmers
- Not all field staff were proficient in English
- Define, implement and monitor farm activities based on the package of practice developed by them through years of experience and trials.
- Automate the farmer diary
- Track robustness of farm visits by their field staff
- Identification and control of pests and diseases at the field level itself.